A Successful Landing But Maybe Just A Check Point | GDJ



This is just going to be a quick lil update! :)

I presented my game prototype to my class and other college folks the other day!



It went well! I even got a "wow" from the audience! ...I think so anyway, I was a bit distracted trying to demo the game so maybe it was just the narcissistic part of my brain playing tricks on me again...

I also finally got to see what my classmates were up to and in detail.
There was a lot of us to get through so it was a long day, but it was incredibly interesting to see the sheer variety on display. Despite us all getting the same brief!

Also I have officially finished my second year of college now! Woo!

Here's a list of changes to the game since the last update :
  • The doors toggles between open and closed.
  • Fixed door issue, where it was able to be opened and closed from everywhere. 
  • Added a 4 door system to the Man Made Facility.
  • I've added a particle system.
  • Changed the Controls.
  • Added Control Menu before the game starts & it is toggle-able during the game.
  • Added Player death animation.
  • Player begins to float away into space when they die.
  • My physics material disappeared mysteriously so I had to replace it on everything that is supposed to have a slippy surface... quite a lot of things...
  • Fixed jumping bug to a degree. Still happens but not nearly as much anymore.
  • Adjusted the level's length and the player's metrics.
  • Added interior to Man Made Facility but it doesn't quite do the job that well because it is a layer above everything else as opposed to being behind everything... long story, compromises had to be made...
  • Added Tether Shields.
  • Added an Exploded Planet in the Background!


So, whats the story with the game? Well I'd really like to share it! I must still figure out how I'm going to do that and how far I want to take this game.
I really like the ideas I have in this game which is why I would like to add some polish to it and maybe redo a few parts. At the same time I learned a lot from this journey and I figure, with all the knowledge I picked up, I could do something new that would be much better!

So I'm not too sure when I will be ready to share it but I'd like to wrap it up soon enough.
I am always coming up with new ideas that excite me!

hmm, that was much longer "quick lil update" then I thought it was going to be... :P

We shall 'shlaters',
Richard.

_____________
Blog Notes :

Look back on my adventure & progress by following by Clicking Here for my Game Design Journal!

Keep Up To Date with my new stuff by following me on social media!
Find me on Facebook!
Find me on Twitter!
Find me on Instagram!