Status Report | GDJ

Oh-boy, oh-kay.

So a lot has happened since I wrote the last blog!
Let's get you filled up!

I implemented Pulling. There are now two pull-able objects and I fixed an issue with the pullable objects getting flip to their invisible side by the player. Admittedly the code is a little messy in that I will have to multiply the code to add more pull-able objects but it works!
I updated the Cameras and audio listeners to prevent multiple ones from rendering in the event the player does not spawn at the beginning, i.e respawns.

I Added Decaying Platforms and when one starts falling it triggers an Audio Clips (it works on the big one but doesn't on the small platform yet for some reason...)!

I Added a "Safe Zone" in the man made facility.

The Door opens smoothly and downward (it used to go up) but still doesn't close.
I added additional Cameras.

I corrected the anchor points of the UI so it stays in the right part of the screen if the aspect ratio is changed.

I have made a scrolling background so the stars move (may need higher resolution texture).

I added an idle, walk and pulling animation.

I adjusted and implemented the ground texture (needs to be re-worked).

I stopped the player being able to stick to the Tether Boundaries.

I added Spites to the Landers.

And finally...

I added an "Ending" (spoilers tho).


My next priority is to fix an issue with the jump mechanic that stops the player from jumping for a currently unknown reason. As my game is, at it's core, a platformer... jumping is pretty important...

There is still a lot more that I could do but the essential parts of the project are mostly there! I have one or two more feature to add but it mostly just needs a bit of polish. The deadline for college is next week but I'm feeling good about it. I'm pretty much where I need to be at this point!

We shall 'shalters',
Richard.

__________

Blog Notes:

Get up to date on my adventure & progress by clicking the 'Game Design Journal' label on this post!

Follow along with my travels by checking out my social media accounts!

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/RichToTheArdYo/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/RichToTheArdYo
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/richtotheardyo